A World Without Infectious Disease
Working towards a world without infectious disease
At Vir, we are driven to transform the care of patients with or at risk of serious infectious diseases that affect hundreds of millions of people in every part of the world.
At Vir, we have an industry-leading team with deep expertise in immunology, infectious disease, and drug development. We are always interested in knowing the best and the brightest talent. If you do not see a role that matches your background, we encourage you to email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will help us find you if a new need arises that fits your experience.
virtue / vîr chü/ n. (pl. – ues) 1. the fundamental values of Vir; 2. the guiding principles for Vir behaviors expected by ourselves, our patients, and the communities we serve; 3. the why, who, how, what, and when of Vir.
Why We Work To transform the care of patients with or at risk of serious infectious diseases throughout the world
Who We Are Authenticity and humility
- We approach each day with a sense of optimism and humor
- Our strength resides in the diversity of our journeys and learning from each other
- We are our most valuable asset and invest in ourselves by fostering an environment of learning, opportunity, feedback, and mentorship
What Drives Us Fearless curiosity grounded in data
- We innovate with courage and bold ideas
- We embrace changes and challenges
- We use setbacks as learning opportunities
How We Act Transparency and connection
- We focus on the “we” and not on the “I”
- We believe that candor and respect are the cornerstones of teamwork and essential to maintaining resiliency and trust
- We encourage solution-focused communication and thoughtful risk-taking to generate creative solutions to vexing problems
When We Deliver Determination and accountability
- We keep bureaucracy low, decision-making simple and allow for the inevitable need for flexibility
- We expect our leaders to set the priorities, communicate the context, and allow the time and provide the resources
- We hold ourselves accountable for getting stuff done – our patients’ survival depends on it